PCS’s objectives are to:
- Promote awareness of pancreatic cancer in Scotland;
- Advance education of pancreatic cancer to individuals and members of the healthcare profession in Scotland;
- Advance research projects in Scotland with the aim of developing effective treatments and improving survival rates of those suffering from pancreatic cancer in Scotland;
- Advance the standard of healthcare for individuals suffering from pancreatic cancer in Scotland; and
- Advance the provision of practical and emotional support to pancreatic cancer sufferers and their families in Scotland.
We are prepared to accept applications for funding from researchers and healthcare professionals (of all designations/grades) and throughout Scotland for projects designed to further our objectives. All applications are subject to peer review. Please contact us if you wish to enquire informally in the first instance about whether we would be in a position to help you.
We have two specific schemes running at present, which are not subject to any time limits:
- Pump-priming research grants of between £5,000 and £10,000 to help researchers in Scotland to prepare the ground for larger research grant awards. Please click here to obtain an application form; and
- Travel bursaries to help researchers in Scotland to disseminate the results of their work, both nationally (£300) and internationally (£1,000). Please click here to obtain an application form.